Buried Sunlight: How Fossil Fuels Have Changed The Earth

Buried Sunlight: How Fossil Fuels Have Changed The Earth
By: Molly Bang & Penny Chisholm

We had the opportunity to create book trailers in Science Methods. It was an interesting experience that I really enjoyed. I like being creative and making videos, so I took this assignment and put my all into it. I chose the book Buried Sunlight: How Fossil Fuels Have Changed the Earth by Molly Bang & Penny Chisholm. The book introduces fossil fuels and explains how they are changing our Earth and what we can do to change this. My video leaves a hook leaving readers wondering what we can do next. This would be a great way for students to become engaged in the beginning of a lesson. This would also be an effective way for students to create their own videos. This assignment could be used in any subject to introduce a book and leave other students wanting to read it. Along with the experience of creating a book trailer, I had the opportunity to research the effects of trade books and create a hand out to my peers entitled: Book Trailer. Below my book trailer is provided, I encourage you to watch it! But watch out, you may be hooked and heading to the library soon to read the book for yourself!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5Es

Reflecting on Fieldwork Experience

What's A Fossil?