Fieldwork Group 2

Monday, October 15:



Tonight the second group presented their lesson plan at fieldwork. The lesson included direct instruction as well as an inquiry based lesson. The future teachers put in a lot of effort creating this lesson to fit with the variety of students we have at Bishop Dunn School. All different types of technology were incorporated in this lesson, which made it very engaging for the students. Powtoon, Peardeck, FlipGrid, and Kahoot were some of the websites used to make this a successful lesson. The topic introduced was Weather and Climate. I felt all of the students grasped what climate and weather were during the direct instruction. I do think climate/ biomes should have been touched upon a little bit more because students seemed to need a better understanding of climate before moving on. Before diving into the inquiry lesson, the scientific method was reviewed. I felt all steps were followed by the teachers to make this a successful lesson followed by all the necessary steps of the scientific method. I would have loved to see the FlipGrids produced by the students, but I know that time did not allow it. Overall, I enjoyed observing this lesson. I learned some strategies I would like to use in my teaching one day, and I could see the passion for teaching in Jamie and Rachel when they presented this lesson. 

Nice work ladies! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5Es

Reflecting on Fieldwork Experience

What's A Fossil?